We have received a record number of entries for the 2013 SWTC. Over 1,400 entries have been submitted for the NSR, CPS and ABA shows. We are excited about the tremendous growth in numbers and participation of this event!
Although this does create some logistical challenges, we are confident that with the cooperation of our exhibitors, we will make this year's SWTC a huge success.
Please cooperate with the following items of information below:
- Please contact the appropriate offices (NSR, CPS and ABA) if you have any entries that will not be exhibited in Belton. This will be very helpful in creating accurate penning assignments when dealing with limited facility space. For NSR animals, you may contact your Field Staff Representative or Lisa Kennedy.
- Exhibitors will be provided 1 pen for boars and 1 pen for every two gilts. If you have gilts entered from multiple breed associations (NSR, CPS, ABA) these gilts may be penned together (2 to a pen). Bring pen dividers as needed.
- The pen dimensions at the Bell County Fairgrounds are 6'x6.'
- Make sure you have proper health certificates for animals. To view health regulations click here .
- Please park trailers and vehicles in designated areas of fairgrounds (North & West sides of facilities)
- Please contact Lisa Kennedy with earnotches of all NSR entries. Lisa can be reached via email email@example.com or by calling (765) 463-3594.
Wednesday, February 27
Noon: Hogs may begin arriving
5 p.m. - 8 p.m.: Check-in
Thursday, February 28
9 a.m.: Check-in and scanning (scanning of boars only)
10 a.m.: All hogs must be in barn
Friday, March 1
7:30 a.m. South Arena – Yorkshire, Landrace, Duroc, Hampshire, cross boar shows
Yorkshire – Josh Krohn, judge
Landrace – Cody McCleery, judge
Duroc – Cody McCleery, judge
Hampshire – Jay Winter, judge
Crossbred boars – Chris Fischbacher, judge
9 a.m.: Sales - Yorkshire followed by Landrace, Duroc, Hampshire and cross boars
Thanks for your cooperation! We look forward to seeing you in Belton!